Advantages for Using Kayu® Exterior Siding™
Kayu® Exterior Siding™
provides you with a great way to add color and definition to your house. There are lots of options these days to help you create the perfect personal image. Choose carefully, while aesthetics are always important, you will also want to consider your siding’s Durability, Ability to Resist Water, Ease of Installation and Versatility.
Kayu Advantages -
Kayu offers many different Tropical Hardwood species to choose from; offering many advantages for your exterior.
- Wood has an inbuilt flexibility that provides natural advantages to normal and extreme climates. And unlike masonry and other rigid materials, the natural resilience and high strength to weight ratio of wood enables it to withstand far greater stresses and movement.
- Reliable for low maintenance, longevity and durability.
- Wood is generally considered the most aesthetically desirable form of exterior siding, and can greatly add in resale value.
- 100% Kiln dried for consistent application.
- Naturally resistant to decay, insects and mold, even in extreme environments.
- A large variety of styles and types of wood are available to suit different desires and lifestyles.
- Proven performer for decades in the most demanding applications.
- Excellent value compared to similar hardwoods and composites.
- 25 Year Limited Warranty.
- Wood siding can be painted and stained virtually any color. Oil-based stain or paint is typically applied to the rough-sawn side, which will readily absorb the coating.
- 100% clear grade; always inspected by KAYU exclusive graders.
- In many instances, wood siding can be repaired more easily than other forms of exterior siding. A single damaged board of siding can usually be replaced and repainted.
- Class A Flame Spread Rating (same as concrete and steel). Excellent choice for homes and buildings in High Fire Severity Zones.
- Wood siding is generally considered the most environmentally friendly option, as opposed to other materials, Wood is also a renewable and biodegradable resource. Chemical free.