KAYU® 25 Year Limited Warranty
The following requirements must be met to validate this warranty:
KAYU® International., hereinafter “Warrantor” warrants that KAYU hardwood decking, with proven performance in decking applications for decades, is limited to KAYU®-Batu™, KAYU®-Golden™, FSC 100% KAYU®-Golden™ and KAYU®-Sapphire™ hardwood decking.
KAYU hardwood decking is naturally durable and stable. It will not suffer structural damage from rot, termite damage or fungal decay for at least 25 years, when:
- Purchased from an official KAYU dealer as normal, “clear grade.”
- Used in a residential structure that meets all applicable construction and safety codes.
- KAYU hardwood deck boards are kept clean, dry and out of direct sunlight before installation and finishing
- Decking is sealed with a high quality, penetrating oil sealer on all four sides prior to installation
- Decking is installed with a minimum ground clearance of 18”
- At least two sides of the deck are left open, to allow at least 50% unrestricted airflow
- There is a slope under the deck for drainage
- Proper spacing between deck boards of at least ¼” is used for 6” (5-1/2” net) decking, or spacing of at least 3/16” is used for 4” (3-1/2” net) decking.
- Spacing of at least ¼” is used between decking and any structures such as foundations, railings or posts.
- Decking is pre-drilled, using high quality, #10 (or greater) stainless steel screws, fastened through the face of the boards (on every joist), with a minimum joist penetration of 1-1/2”
- Decking is not fastened with nails or hidden clip fasteners
- Decking is spanned according to the recommendations provided in KAYU’s “Installations Essentials”
- Any boards considered “defective” are trimmed or sorted out prior to installation
- Metal is not cut anywhere near KAYU decking during any part of the installation process.
Purchaser’s sole remedy for any claim is replacement of KAYU decking material in affected area(s) only. KAYU 25 Year Limited Warranty does not include installation labor.
Warrantor does not warrant that, and purchaser is solely responsible for determining whether KAYU hardwood decking meets any applicable safety, building codes, health or other regulations. Warrantor shall not be liable for installation or re-installation costs or for any indirect, punitive, consequential, or exemplary damages of any kind whatsoever arising from purchaser’s purchase of KAYU hardwood decking.
KAYU decking products are all stable hardwoods, with proven performance in decking applications for decades. Excessive movement is defined as twisting or warping over half an inch. Any visible quality issues must be dealt with prior to installation. Minor surface checking is a normal occurrence and is not a warranty issue.
The above remedy is exclusive and is in lieu of all other remedies, expressed, implied, or statutory, including but not limited to any and all other obligations, or liabilities.
To validate this warranty, you must provide the following information and mail to the address below within 100 days of installation.
KAYU International, Inc.
11117 SW Greenburg Rd.
Tigard, OR 97223
- Your name
- Your address
- The name and location of the KAYU dealer your decking was purchased through
- Date deck was completed
- Copy of your KAYU decking purchase receipt
- Dated photographs showing:
- Proper deck board spacing (place a ruler/tape measure in the photo for reference)
- Proper airflow and ground clearance (place a tape measure in the photo for reference)
- Stainless steel screws #10 or greater fastened through the face of the boards
Disclaimer: KAYU hardwood decking products are carefully selected and inspected to ensure the finest quality. However, all natural wood is subject to expansion and contraction as the moisture in the environment surrounding the wood changes. Shrinkage, expansion, surface checking and other movement are normal occurrences in all hardwood decking. Natural wood products are subject to variances in color, grain, density and performance.