25 Year Limited Warranty
KAYU ® International Inc. hereinafter “Warrantor” warrants that KAYU Batu, which is a naturally durable and stable wood, will not suffer structural damage from rot, termite damage, or fungal decay for at least 25 years, when:
- Purchased from an official KAYU dealer as our normal “clear grade”
- Used in a residential structure
- Installed with a minimum gap between 3-1/2″ boards of at least 3/16″ inches and minimum 1/4″ between 5-1/2″ boards.
- Installed with a minimum ground clearance of 18 inches; with well ventilated airflow underneath which means at least two sides of the deck allowing at least 50% unrestricted air flow. Water must not be allowed to become “standing” underneath the deck and must have proper slopped, drainage.
- Decking is sealed with a high quality penetrating oil sealer, on all four sides prior to installation. Sealing one side can create uneven moisture flow.
- The installation must meet all applicable construction and safety codes.
Purchaser’s sole remedy for any claim will be only for replacement of KAYU decking material for the affected material claimed. Our warranty does not include installation labor.
Warrantor does not warrant that, and purchaser is solely responsible for determining whether KAYU Batu meets any applicable safety, building codes, health or other regulations. Warrantor shall not be liable for installation or re-installation costs or for any indirect, punitive, consequential, or exemplary damages of any kind whatsoever arising from purchasers purchase of KAYU Batu or any KAYU decking.
KAYU decking products are stable hardwoods, with proven performance in decking applications for decades. Excessive movement is defined as twisting or warping over a half inch. ANY visible quality issues must be dealt with PRIOR to installation. Minor surface checking is a normal occurrence and is not a warranty issue.
The above remedy is exclusive and is in lieu of all other remedies, expressed, implied, or statutory, including but not limited to any and all other obligations, or liabilities. In order to validate the warranty, you must complete and mail the attached warranty card within 100 days of installation.
To validate your warranty
Send the following information to:
KAYU International, Inc. PO BOX 368, West Linn, OR, 97068
You must include:
- Copy of your purchase receipt
- Dated photograph showing proper deck spacing (place a ruler/tape measure in the photo for reference)
- Your name
- Your address
- Where you purchased the decking
- Date deck completed