KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™
Finish Trim Your Home with Confidence; Build with KAYU®
Our KAYU®-Mahogany Primed Trimboards™ hardwood is a carefully selected Meranti hardwood that is primed two times (2x) with a uniform Gray color. Highly stable and sturdy, rot resistant, 100% clear grade, 100% kiln dried, smoothly finished and always doubled checked by KAYU exclusive graders. Superior substrate, square edge corner and excellent paint holding fiber.
Available in standard 16” 1X4 thru 1×12 & 5/4×4 thru 5/4×12
KAYU ® –Legendary Performance
KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™ hardwood should be your first choice for Outdoor trim; used by Interior Designers, Architects, Builders and Homeowners. It is among one of the high quality products imported by KAYU ® International from SE Asia. KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™ is a proven performer for over 100 years, well known in the yachting realm; here in the US market and all over the world.
As tough as they are beautiful
Aside from KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™ being one of homeowners’ favorite species because of its natural warm feel and paint holding characteristics, it is an incredibly strong and stable wood. Its dense cell structure and spiral grain serve as a natural deterrent to insects, decay, and molds. Its quality is tried and tested over time and its sturdiness is of no doubt why it is often used in the construction of projects that require water-resistant woods like sail boats (i.e. Cris-Craft boats), boat docks, bridges or watercraft ramps.
Woods of high density are more preferable to homeowners and builders these days. They are more reliable for their longevity, durability and relatively low-maintenance requirements. Incidents of weather and pest damages are unusual when properly maintained; one of KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™ strongest attributes is being able to withstand these conditions.
The finger joint is by far the most commonly used joint to form long pieces of lumber from shorter solid boards. This is made by machining a set of identical cuts in two pieces of wood, then gluing them together. The strength of a finger joint comes from the long-grain to long-grain contact between the fingers. The number of contact points provides a solid gluing surface. KAYU International only uses high quality water-proof, type 1glue. The addition of some edge glued pieces further adds stability.
Our KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™ are ‘Square’ edge corners. The edges/ends of the trim meet up with each other so there is no round edges; providing a uniform surface between the boards and allowing for a corner board application with a clean transition between the individual boards.
Unlike soft Cedar woods, the high density of our Trimboards is extremely stable and known to be one of the most durable, dent and surface checking resistant hardwoods available with excellent paint holding fiber.
- Red Meranti hardwood
- Oil based primed 2x with a uniform Gray color.
- Square edge corner, ideal for corner board applications
- Excellent paint holding fiber
- 100% clear grade
- 100% kiln dried
- 100% natural & organic hardwood
- Naturally resistant to decay, insects and mold
- Highly Stable
- Excellent value
- Reliable for low maintenance, longevity and durability
- Resistant to wood shrinkage, splintering, cupping and dents
- Always inspected by KAYU exclusive graders
- Sustainably harvested from well managed forest
- 100% Lacey Act and SVLK compliant
KAYU ® Trimboards are 100% Natural Wood
- Highlight – Accent special features
KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™| Traditional Exterior by Guilford Architects & Building DesignersCK Architects
Many Advantages for using KAYU ® Mahogany Trimboards
- KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™ has an inbuilt flexibility that provides natural advantages to normal and extreme climates. And unlike masonry and other rigid materials, the natural resilience and high strength to weight ratio of wood enables it to withstand far greater stresses and movement.
- KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™ is generally considered the most aesthetically desirable form of exterior trim, and can greatly add in resale value.
- In many instances, KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™ can be repaired more easily than other forms of exterior trim. A single damaged board of trim can usually be replaced and repainted.
- KAYU Mahogany Primed Trimboards™ is generally considered the most environmentally friendly option, as opposed to other materials; Wood is also a renewable and biodegradable resource. Chemical free.
A few basics to consider, while selecting exterior trimboards
- Water Resistance. Water-resistant types of trim will have longer life spans.
- Versatility. Make sure the trim has the versatility to meet the varied needed of your specific project. If there are aspects of your home’s exterior that will make using a particular type of trim more challenging than others, make sure you understand what the added costs or necessary adjustments will be.
- Aesthetics. Your trim will be in full view as you come and go, so make sure it is beautiful and pleasing to you.
- Durability. Does it have the strength to resist temperature shifts in your climate? How does the species stand up to everyday wear and tear.
KAYU Mahogany primed Trimboards™|
Quality Is Everything We Do!
KAYU ® International, Inc. has provided decades of High Quality Lumber, Dependable Service at Affordable Prices for more than 22 years of importing exotic hardwoods for the U.S. and Canadian markets. Our Owner and President, Steve Wilson, has been in the Lumber Industry for more than 40 years and began Importing Lumber from SE Asia in the early 80’s. Kayu has assembled a remarkably talented, hands on team. You can be assured of not only receiving some of the best hardwoods in the world, but as importantly the log-to-end product details are attended to meticulously daily. With this level of experience and success you can be reassured that you will be getting the products you need and the service you deserve.
Contact Kayu International for Your Local Distributor
11117 SW Greenburg Road, Tigard, Oregon 97223