100% Natural – Uniquely beautiful, KAYU Mahogany (DRM) is a carefully selected, mahogany hardwood species (primarily Bukit and Nemesu). Reddish brown, Mahogany color, 100% clear grade, kiln dried, smoothly finished and always doubled checked by KAYU exclusive graders.
KAYU Mahogany (DRM) is a proven performer in the marine/pleasure boating industry for over 50 years, with a classic yacht wood look above and below the waterline. KAYU Dark Red Meranti is also commonly used for furniture, high end interior finishing, cabinet making, flooring and decking.
KAYU International, Inc. has over 30 years of experience importing tropical hardwoods for the U.S. and Canadian markets, providing customers with optimal support and customer service when selecting their high quality KAYU Mahogany (DRM) and other hardwood products.
Most popular sizes are:
- 1 X 4
- 1 X 6
- 5/4 X 4
- 5/4 X 6 S4S E4E
Please contact us and ask for more information on specific profiles, sizes and dimensions.
- Natural beauty for generations
- Proven performance under extreme conditions
- Very resistant to decay, insects and fungal attack, even in tropical environments.
- Resistant to abrasion, wear and dents. Naturally fire resistant.
Ease of maintenance
- KAYU Mahogany (DRM) is a dense hardwood species and requires minimum maintenance.
- Finish your KAYU Mahogany (DRM) with a standard oil finish to maintain its rich Mahogany look or let it weather to a beautiful silver patina.
- Obtained only from countries that are leaders in ecological, sustainable forestry practices.